Join the team
We offer competitive salaries with excellent benefits.
Our office is the perfect environment for professionals who like a fast pace and have insatiable curiosity. We are constantly learning with and from each other—about issues that matter, organizations making a difference and creative ways to communicate. We like teamwork, prize organizational skills and are eager to understand complex topics. We seek colleagues who add their own diverse experience to our talents, participate in our team-based culture and, through their own individual work style, help creativity flourish.
McCabe Message Partners knows that just like when a stone meets water, effective healthcare communications expand influence to reach and affect many audiences. Through years of working together, our team members have developed a reputation for excellence in healthcare communications. Our niche PR firm helps clients working on health, healthcare and related issues that affect wellness—like education, food and the environment—craft and spread their message. For clients big and small, we develop and implement strategic communications campaigns that make a splash because the messages are expertly developed; product dissemination is highly targeted; and evaluation is continuous, so that we can gauge and improve results. This approach is rooted in the five pillars of our firm—deep knowledge, impeccable client service, informed messaging, a spirit of fun and creative practicality.
McCabe Message Partners, a niche PR firm focused on health and healthcare, is looking for a paid, full-time intern. Interns are vital members of account teams and participate in a variety of client-related activities. Responsibilities may include preparing targeted media lists, assisting in event planning and execution, conducting research, assisting in partnership development, monitoring coverage in national and local media, participating in brainstorms, and providing administrative support. McCabe interns gain valuable experience in media relations, partnership-building, and health policy, and often contribute to and provide support for major events and press conferences. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and the internship will begin in early January.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience or interest in communications and/or health policy
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Ability to proofread a variety of materials quickly and effectively; familiarity with AP Style a plus
- High energy and strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable speaking on the phone
- Ability and willingness to understand complex client topics and issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (including basic design, formatting, and using formulas)
- Proficiency in working with various social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter)
- The position is full time—40 hours a week at $16/hour
- Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
To Apply – Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to:
*No phone calls please*