WASHINGTON, DC- McCabe Message Partners, a DC-based public relations agency focused on health and the issues that affect it, continues to expand by adding three new staffers to its roster of seasoned professionals. The nonpartisan firm launched in June 2016 is led by agency veteran Patrick McCabe, an expert in healthcare communications who co-founded and led GYMR Public Relations, which ended business May 31st after 18 successful years.
“We are thrilled to be joined by three healthcare pros who are dedicated to client service and excellence in communications,” said McCabe. “This brings our team to 27 members, which reflects more than 25 percent growth since opening our doors in June.”
New staff members are:
- Paul Skowronek joins the agency as a senior vice president after spending 15 years in leadership positions with national associations and public affairs firms, including America’s Health Insurance Plans and APCO. He is seasoned in public affairs strategy and communications, having engaged in every major healthcare debate in Congress over the past two Administrations.
- Bethany Hardy joins the agency as a vice president after a senior position with a DC-based agency focused on housing, child advocacy, and education — all “social determinants” of health. She previously directed communications at esteemed organizations including the Institute of Medicine and the Partnership for Public Service. She is also an adjunct professor teaching Communications at American University.
- Natalie Talis, account manager, joins the agency from The National Farm to School Network’s DC office where she managed policy communications. Earlier, she worked on a variety of research and policy issues pertaining to public health for AcademyHealth, among others, and economic development.
Veteran staff members recently promoted at Message Partners PR are:
- Haydn Bush, promoted to vice president. Having joined the agency in 2013 after working as a journalist for Hospitals & Health Networks, Haydn leads strategic communications and media relations initiatives for several policy-focused clients.
- Brianna Gavio, promoted to senior director. Since joining the agency in 2010, she has become the client lead in executing major communications campaigns, events, and briefings.
- Rachel Griffith, promoted to senior director. A member of the team since 2014, she has particular expertise in digital and social media marketing strategy and execution.
McCabe Message Partners provides a full range of communications services, with specialties including media relations, message development, strategic communications planning, meetings and events, policymaker outreach, stakeholder relations, and other skills.